EasyMaker is a modular robot used to make things. It currently has a 3D printing module and a CNC module available. Other modules can be designed for the EasyMaker frame, and enable it to do other things.
- Wide open design allows easy access to operations.
- 7 tool mounting points allow a wide variety of tools.
- Motor mounts support either belt or screw drive.
- Integrated workpiece holding allows milling without a vice.
- Lightweight — can be carried in one hand.
- Designed to fit in the trunk of an average 4-door sedan.
- Small enough to fit on a desk in a dorm room.
- Frame design allows for milling/printing of parts larger than the machine.
- Removable gantry allows for flat storage when not in use.
- Open Source Hardware — Design files on Thingiverse, All BOM parts available from multiple vendors.
- Optional enclosure will be available for containing dust, as well as controlling cooling rate of printed thermoplastic.
You can find videos of EasyMaker in Action here:
https://peerbhairobotics.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/easymaker-printing-experimental-parts/ — EasyMaker printing experimental parts out of PLA.
https://peerbhairobotics.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/easymaker-printing-a-new-part/ — EasyMaker printing an experimental part out of ABS ( 1′ square Aluminum bed mounted — I now use 8″ Glass instead of Aluminum. )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0SmSfOZBZQ — an older youtube video with EasyMaker’s T-slot spoilboard.
https://peerbhairobotics.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/easymaker-milling-epvc/ — EasyMaker milling some EPVC sheet, 1/2″ thick, with the wooden spoilboard mounted.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2040894600/easymaker — failed KickStarter project.
If you got through the blog, you’ll find other videos, pictures, etc…
EasyMaker recently went through a KickStarter, and the KickStarter failed. I am now working on a new robot design, and will not be able to support EasyMaker. If you’d like to purchase EasyMaker as I have it now, I can make it on demand for you. Please email me @ ipeerbhai [ at ] aol [dot] com if you’d like one. Payments will be via paypal. Thanks!